It is mandatory for a business to register for VAT if the income earned in any consecutive twelve-month period exceeded or is likely to exceed R1 million.
Alternatively, you might want to voluntarily register for VAT.
This requires you to have a turnover of at least R50 000.00.
The following is required to register for VAT:
- Your Company Registration documentation (CoR 14.3 in Adobe Pdf format)
- Proof of the company’s address (Municipal or Telkom account would suffice)
- Certified Copies of the ID’s of all directors.
- Proof of address for the directors (Municipal or Telkom account would suffice)
- A letter from the bank (original) stating that the bank account belongs to the company.
- Copy invoices valued at R50, 000 or more.
- Original Bank statements reflecting cash inflows of R50, 000 or more, stamped by the bank.
- Original documents required need to be delivered to our office
- Courier fees for your own account